TUM GNI invites applications for a PhD position (m/f/d)
The Georg Nemetschek Institute Artificial Intelligence for the Built World (GNI) at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) is a center for academic research, teaching and knowledge transfer to society. Topics such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, data-centered engineering, trustworthy computing and related data and knowledge-based technologies, are extended and validated on applications involving topics in architecture, engineering, construction, operation & management of the built environment (AECOM). The built world (also denoted as the built environment), including the complete life cycle of buildings and built infrastructure, is the focus of the Institute.
The Nemetschek Innovation Foundation supports the Institute, and TUM embeds it in its large network of data-centered sciences. The Institute thus develops and promotes a new generation of technologies with strategic importance for digital sciences and AECOM industries. It contributes to meeting important challenges related to climate, information & communications, mobility & infrastructure as well as broader aspects of the environment. Taking advantage of behavior modelling, extracting information by data analytics, creating insight from machine learning, AI for the Built World is a key enabler for innovative AECOM activities.
More information about TUM GNI can be found on the webpage http://www.gni.tum.de.
Your profile includes
- Full university degree (Master, Diploma) in the field of civil engineering
- Interest in artificial intelligence, machine learning, engineer-computer interaction, explainable AI
- Strong motivation to work on interdisciplinary projects
- Enthusiasm and passion for research and teaching
- Fluent in English
- Excellent writing and communication skills and the ability to work in a team.
- A full-time position at the Technical University of Munich starting immediately with the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree
- An outstanding research environment including access to an international research network
- A place of work at TUM Campus in Garching
- Opportunities to present results at international conferences
- The salary and benefits are commensurate with the pay scale of public service organizations (TV-L E13, 100%).
As an equal opportunity employer, TUM explicitly encourages applications from women as well as from all others who would bring additional diversity dimensions to the university. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the equivalent qualifications.
Interested candidates (m/f/d) are encouraged to apply before April 18th, 2022. If necessary, the search will continue beyond this date until suitable candidates are identified. Please submit an application in English including a cover letter describing your motivation and research interest, your CV, publications (if any) and relevant certificates (Master/Diploma) including grades. Please send all documents as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line „GNI PhD Position“.
Hinweis zum Datenschutz:
Im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung um eine Stelle an der Technischen Universität München (TUM) übermitteln Sie personenbezogene Daten. Beachten Sie bitte hierzu unsere Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. Durch die Übermittlung Ihrer Bewerbung bestätigen Sie, dass Sie die Datenschutzhinweise der TUM zur Kenntnis genommen haben.