To apply for MDSI seed funding two (or more) TUM PIs collaborate on a project with a focus either on the foundations of data science or any domain-specific data science. This project should be in an installment / starting phase. If successful, the applicants will receive funds for (up to) two doctoral or postdoctoral researchers for (up to) six months. Earliest project start is in September, 2022. Projects from the previous call may apply for an extension.
- Proposals must comprise at least two PIs who hold a doctoral degree and have the right to supervise doctoral researchers (professors, PDs, TUM Junior Fellows).
- Individual PIs can participate in up to two proposals simultaneously in this call.
- A short, written report about the outcomes of the project must be provided six months after the MDSI funding has run out, at the latest. In addition, the team must produce a visible output in the form of e.g., a poster, or ideally a publication or a proposal for external funding.
- To monitor the long-term success of the program, one year after the funding has ended, a further update on the outcomes must be provided.
- Projects applying for an extension must elaborate on their achievements from the initial funding period and explain why an extension is required in the proposal. In addition, they must present the report for the first funding period together with the new application.
- Funded personnel are encouraged to participate in other MDSI activities and shall present their project outcomes in the MDSI Interdisciplinary Exchange series.
Details on the proposal structure are described in the call documentation. Proposals must be sent in one pdf-file to: firstname.lastname@example.org.