The award is given to three outstanding papers published in 2022. The award winner receives 1000 €, the 2nd place receives 500 €, and the 3rd place gets an honorable mention. Moreover, all three papers will be highlighted on our website and receive an MDSI certificate.
Requirements for submission:
- Eligible are papers published by one or several MDSI core members and/or their TUM associated researchers (PhD students or postdocs) within 2022. Papers by former TUM employees that contributed as first author to the paper will also be accepted.
- At most one paper from each core member's group can be nominated.
- The core member and/or the associated researcher must be listed as first author of the paper.
- Papers must have been published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal or peer-reviewed conference (following the standards of the research field).
- Candidates should write a brief summary of the paper (targeting the general MDSI community) along with an explanation why the paper is worthy of the award and how it is related to data science/machine learning and/or its applications, maximum 500 words.
- We encourage and highly appreciate female researchers to participate!
Please send your best paper nomination until March 31, 2023 to email@example.com
An MDSI evaluation committee will select the winning papers. The award ceremony will commence during the MDSI General Assembly 2023.