The Konrad Zuse School of Excellence in Reliable Artificial Intelligence (relAI) is one of three DAAD funded AI schools in Germany. relAI is a joint endeavor of TUM and LMU and will be an international lighthouse for education and research in reliable AI in Germany. Up to 120 MSc and doctoral researchers will participate simultaneously. Our network includes international AI centers, non-university research organizations and various industrial partners. relAI´s goal is to open up excellent career paths in academia and industry to talented young researchers from around the world. The coordination office of this graduate school is located at and embedded in the infrastructure of the Munich Data Science Institute (MDSI) – an Integrative Research Institute at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) with an interdisciplinary and cross-faculty focus in the field of data science, machine learning and AI.
As the Coordinator of relAI you will be responsible for implementing school-wide and extra-school activities.
- Developing and organizing events and training courses, e. g. seminars, symposia, workshops, seasonal schools, retreats and conferences
- Management and further development of the training program and curriculum in close collaboration with the directors, the involved lecturers and fellows
- Reporting towards the directors, the DAAD and various stakeholders
- Contact person for our fellows and for our academic and industrial partners
- Maintenance and further establishment of the school´s network, public outreach (website, social media, science communication)
- Recruiting strategy for the school´s candidates
We are looking for a reliable and collaborative person able to manage a broad range of tasks and responsibilities with
- Postgraduate degree (MSc or equivalent) with a certain affinity for data science, machine learning and AI
- Professional experience in project management and/or science management, ideally in coordinating university programs or graduate schools
- Team leading skills, a good intercultural understanding, high motivation, flexibility and reliability
- Fluent in German and English, written and spoken, negotiating skills
- Very good command of MS-Office
- Full responsibility from the start in an innovative environment and with real impact on the data science ecosystem at TUM and in Munich
- International, attractive, and interdisciplinary working environment across different departments and disciplines
- Salary according to TV-L (depending on qualification up to E13) including social benefits
The position can start immediately and the contract duration is initially limited to two years. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, TUM explicitly encourages nominations of and applications from women as well as from all others who would bring additional diversity dimensions to the university’s research and teaching strategies. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same qualifications. If you are interested, please apply until August 15, 2022 with a cover letter (stating also your earliest date of entry), CV and relevant certificates plus reference letters via email to email@example.com (please attach a single PDF file and use the subject Coordinator relAI).
As part of your application for a position at the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are transmitting personal data. Please note our data protection information in accordance to Art.13 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the collection and processing of personal data in the context of your application (https://portal.mytum.de/kompass/datenschutz/Bewerbung/). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have taken note of TUM´s data protection information.
Technische Universität München
Munich Data Science Institute
85748 Garching bei München