- The TUM Institute for LifeLong Learning offers the new "Certificate program in Data Science". Here more information about the program and the webinar.
- TUM Data Innovation Lab joins the Munich Data Science Institute (MDSI)
- Zeiss corporate research and technology (CRT) offers the following positions: Internship in Deep Learning Research (f/m/x), Working Student in Deep Learning Research (f/m/x) and Master Thesis in Deep Learning and Biomedical Imaging Research (f/m/x)
- Gene Golub SIAM Summer School 2020: Theory and Practice of Deep Learning. July 20-31, 2020. AIMS South Africa, Muizenberg, Cape Town
- Doctoral School (admission open also to selected Master Students) "Machine Learning: From Data to Mathematical Understanding", CIME-CIRM Summer School, co-organized by University of Trento, Technical University of Munich and TUM-DI-LAB, Levico-Terme, 4-8 July 2020
- Workshop on "Mathematics of Data Science", Hausdorff Research Institute for Mathematics and co-organized by TUM-DI-LAB, Bonn, April 27-May 1, 2020
- On Monday and Tuesday (17 and 18.02.20) students of TUM Data Innovation Lab will present their work and results of their projects. Time schedule of public presentations. Feel free to join us in the lecture hall 3 of Math building.
- Join us at our Information Event on Tuesday 28.01.2020 and Wednesday 29.01.2020, from 12:00 PM to 3:30 PM at the LRZ building. We will present our TUM-DI-LAB summer projects to students!
- Join us at our Info Event on Monday 08.07.19 from 12:00 to 5:00 PM at the LRZ buzlding. We will present our winter term projects to students!
- TUM-DI-LAB invites you to join our final PUBLIC presentations. We will have 6 public presentations that you can attend. When: 18th and 19th of February 2019. Click here for the time schedule of the public presentations. Where: Math building, Lecture hall 2.
- Our sponsor Celonis SE invites all students to attend the TUM-DI-LAB & Celonis Christmas Lecture Wednesday 19.12.2018 (6:15 - 8:15 PM) in the lecture hall HS2 (MI Hörsaal 2), Math building in Garching Forschungszentrum. More info here!
- Our Partner and Sponsor Celonis SE invites all students to their Code Jam (23th - 25th November). More information here.
- TUM-DI-LAB invites students, researchers and partners to our next information event, Monday 28.01.2019 from 12:00 to 6:00 PM in the lecture hall of LRZ building, where all project for summer semester 2019 will be presented.
- Intel & LRZ invite all students to the "End to End AI workshop" at LRZ 6 November 2018, 13:00-17:00. More info here
- TUM-DI-LAB welcomes the PhD candidates Ms. Laure Vuaille and Mr. Michael Rauchensteiner as Co-Mentors of TUM-DI-LAB projects of winter semester 2018/2019
- TUM-DI-LAB Information Event on Tuesday 10.07.2018, all partners will present their winter term project to TUM students!
- The students of the Master of Informatics can apply to the TUM Data Innovation Lab as Interdisciplinary Project (IDP)
- The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering accepts TUM-DI-LAB in its master program "Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik"
- TUM-DI-LAB joins the event "Big Data in Bayern: Motor für Wissenschaft und Wirtschaft" on 22.02.2018 at 4:00 PM in the Leibniz-Rechenzentrum (LRZ) building
- TUM-DI-LAB Information Event on Tuesday 23.01.2018, all partners will present their sommer project to TUM students!
- TUM-DI-LAB echoes back to the US: look what other data labs are saying about TUM-DI-LAB here
- SIEMENS joins as TUM-DI-LAB partner
- Data Science Day @ Munich RE Event on 21st December 2017. The event addresses mathematics and statistics students from the 4th semester up. Seven different units in Munich Re are invited to present their analytical use cases and discuss them with the participants. The schedule is planned to proceed as follows: 09:30 – 10:00: Introduction; 10:00 – 11:00: Market Place of Analytics Use Cases Round 1; 11:00 – 11:15: Coffee Break; 11:15 – 12:15: Market Place of Analytics Use Cases Round 2; 12:15 – 12:30: Information about Munich Re Student Programmes by HR; 12:30 – 13:30: Flying Buffet; 13:30 – 14:30: Guided Art Tour. Further information and the application form for students (number of participants is limited to 30) will be available on the event homepage which is currently finalized. Contact: Andreas Bayerstadler (Senior Consultant Business Analytics, RID1.4.3) Telefon: +49 (89) 3891-6507 Telefax: +49 (89) 3891-76507 Email: ABayerstadler@munichre.com Website: www.munichre.com
- TUM-DI-LAB takes 3 students to "CoSIP Intense Course on Deep Learning" in Berlin from 29.11 to 01.12.17. TUM-DI-LAB covers the costs of transportation, accommodation and registration!
- TUM-DI-LAB launches the co-mentoring initiative: Many of our industry partners welcome researchers from TUM, other universities and research institutions as co-mentors for their projects. As a co-mentor, you advise TUM-DI-LAB students working on a particular project that matches your interest along with the industry mentor. Co-mentors profit from the exchange of ideas with industry experts in the field, are in touch with current challenges faced by the industry, and profit from the TUM-DI-LAB network of experts and partners.
- d-fine GmbH joins as TUM-DI-LAB partner
- Kickoff meetings of all projects of winter semester 2017/2018
- Students accepted to winter projects take two-day training courses "RStudio Web-Service" and "Machine Learning System Nvidia DGX-1 and OpenStack GPU VMs" offered by our IT Service provider Leibniz Supercomputing Centre
- 27 students are accepted to work in the TUM-DI-LAB winter projects
- M.Sc. Vadim Gorski, Doctoral Researcher at TUM Center for Energy Markets, joins as co-mentor of the BMW project "Energy peak load prediction"
- The Leibniz Supercomputing Centre is chosen as the official IT Service provider of TUM-DI-LAB
- TUM-DI-LAB information event presents projects to students for winter semester 2017/2018
- Celonis SE joins as official partner of TUM-DI-LAB with the project "Machine learning powered Process Mining" to be offered in winter semester 2017/2018
- TUM-DI-LAB is on Facebook
- ITK Engineering GmbH joins as official partner of TUM-DI-LAB with the project "Autonomous lane following in a simulated environment" to be offered in winter semester 2017/2018
- BMW AG joins as official partner of TUM-DI-LAB with the project "Energy peak load prediction" to be offered in winter semester 2017/2018
- MTU Aero Engines joins as official partner of TUM-DI-LAB with the project "Modelling of effective scrap rates for V2500 engine" to be offered in winter semester 2017/2018
- M.Sc. Bernhard Werner joins as mentor of the TUM-DI-LAB project "A Machine Learning playing GO" sponsored by the Chair of Geometry and Visualisation to be offered in winter semester 2017/2018
- The masters of Management and Management and Technology include TUM-DI-LAB (module MA8113) in their master programs
- The first group of 10 students are accepted to work in the TUM-DI-LAB projects "Finding available parking spaces" and "Climate Change and Health"
- The masters of Data Engineering and Analytics, Computational Science and Engineering and Computational Science and Engineering (Honours Track) include TUM-DI-LAB (module MA8113) in their master programs
- TUM-DI-LAB information event presents projects to students for summer semester 2017
- M.Sc. Matthias Wissel joins as mentor of the project "Finding available parking spaces" offered by TUM-DI-LAB partner Capgemini
- The masters of Mathematics in Data Science, Mathematics, Mathematics in Bioscience, Mathematical Finance and Actuarial Science and Mathematics in Operations Research include TUM-DI-LAB (module MA8113) in their master programs
- The masters of Health Science – Prevention and Health Promotion, Diagnostics and Training, Sport and Exercise Science and Umweltplanung und Ingenieurökologie integrate TUM-DI-LAB (module MA8113) in their programs
- Prof. Donna Ankerst joins as mentor of the project "Climate Change and Health" offered by TUM-DI-LAB partner Institute of Epidemiology II, Helmholz Zentrum München
- Dr. Ricardo Acevedo Cabra joins as coordinator and project lead of TUM Data Innovation Lab (TUM-DI-LAB)